Configuring Gradescope LTI 1.3 in Blackboard
Before you can begin configuring your LTI 1.3 integration, please contact your Account Manager or Gradescope Integrations Lead so that we can enable the integration permissions to your account. Once you have received our confirmation that your Gradescope account has the necessary permissions, you can continue onto the first step.
If you don’t have an account yet, go to the Gradescope website and select Sign Up. Select the Instructor role, fill out the provided form and ensure you use the same email address you use on Blackboard. You will be emailed with a link to set a password so that you are able to access your new account.
We recommend that you complete the configuration process all at once. If you think you may need to complete it in stages, use your test Blackboard environment.
- To register LTI 1.3 in Blackboard, log in as your LMS Administrator.
- Navigate to the Administrator Panel (Admin in the left menu).
- In the Integrations menu, select LTI Tool Providers.
- In the top menu, select Register LTI 1.3 Tool.
- Enter the client ID - eba2b217-3800-4dd4-9556-1bfaf697647d and select Submit.
- The ‘Tool Status’ section will be automatically populated. Please make sure that this is the LTI tool you want to register.
- Ensure the Tool Status setting is set to Approved.
- In the Institution policies section, ensure all of the User Fields to Send options are selected, and set both Allow Grade Service Access and Allow Membership Service Access to Yes.
- Select Submit.
- A purple banner indicating your successful registration within Blackboard will appear at the top of the LTI Tool Providers page. Gradescope will now appear as an option for your instructors, but they will receive error messages until Step 14 is complete if they attempt to create Gradescope courses or assignments via the LTI links in Blackboard.
eu - Europe
ca - Canada
ap - Australia
Select Submit and move onto step 11.
- Access a course and depending on whether you use Blackboard Ultra or Original:
- Ultra - Select Content and then Books and Tools.
- Original - Select Content, Tools and then More Tools.
- Gradescope Course is now an option. Select this new option.
- You may be prompted to log into Gradescope if you are not already. Please ensure you are logging into the account that has had the integration permissions enabled.
- Enter a Branded Platform Name, such as “Blackboard” so your instructors will recognize this as your Blackboard integration within Gradescope.
- Select your school.
You’re done! Your instructors are now able to link their Blackboard courses to Gradescope, sync rosters, create and link assignments, and sync grades between Gradescope and Blackboard. Want to know how? Check out our Blackboard guidance for instructors. We also provide guidance for your students.