Table of Contents
When you access Gradescope through Blackboard, you will not need separate Gradescope credentials, even if you are a new Gradescope user. Simply navigate to your course in Blackboard, click Tools (if you're using Blackboard Original) or View course & institution tools (if you're using Blackboard Ultra), and then click Gradescope. In Blackboard Ultra, instructors can also add Gradescope as a link on your Course Content page. If you don't know if you're using Blackboard Ultra or Blackboard Original, check out Blackboard's article What is Ultra? to help you.
If you'd like to access your Gradescope account on the Gradescope website, you can go to gradescope.com and log in with your school credentials if your institution has that option. If your school doesn't have that option, click Log In, click Forgot Password, and then enter the email address you use to access Blackboard (usually your school email). If your instructor gave you a course code and you don't already have a Gradescope account, click Sign Up on the Gradescope website, and enter your course code and Blackboard-associated email. With the latter two methods, you'll then get an email from Gradescope with login and password creation instructions.
Regardless of whether you access Gradescope starting on gradescope.com or via Blackboard, you will be taken to the same Gradescope account, as long as the email address linked to the account is the same. If you do end up with multiple accounts under multiple emails, you can merge accounts. If you have any problems accessing your Gradesope account, see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this page.
- Log in to Blackboard or gradescope.com. Then click your course.
- If you started on gradescope.com, simply click on your assignment. If you started in Blackboard, click Tools (Blackboard Original) or View course & institution tools (Blackboard Ultra), and then click Gradescope. This will launch Gradescope either in a new tab or right in Blackboard. In Blackboard Ultra, Gradescope could also be accessible from your Course Content page, so check there if you don't see it under View course & institution tools. Then depending on your institution's settings, you may also need to select your course and then assignment in Gradescope when it opens.If you have any problems accessing your Gradesope account, see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this page.
- Based on your instructor's settings, next you could see instructions to upload PDFs or images, link code repositories, or start answering questions online. At this point, the way students submit Gradescope assignments is the same for Blackboard and non-Blackboard users so check out the in-depth articles on scanning work (if needed) and how you may be asked to submit your assignment. Keep in mind that if you encounter an error message trying to access your Gradescope assignment, the assignment may not be released to students yet.
- Once you've submitted the assignment, if your instructor has allowed it, you can view your submission. If you don't have that option, then you will be able to view your work when your instructor publishes grades.
Viewing grades and submissions
- Log in to Blackboard or gradescope.com.
- If you started on gradescope.com, next click your course and then your assignment. If your instructor has published your grades to Gradescope, this will bring up your graded, annotated submission, question-by-question scores, rubrics, and feedback.
- If you started on Blackboard, next click Grades or My Grades in the left sidebar (depending on the terminology used in your version of Blackboard), then click your course and assignment. If your instructor has posted grades to Blackboard, you will see your overall assignment grade here.
- To view your submission and feedback if you started in Blackboard, navigate back to your course. Next, click Tools (Blackboard Original) or View course & institution tools (Blackboard Ultra), and then click Gradescope. In Blackboard Ultra, Gradescope could also be accessible from your Course Content page, so check there if you don't see it under View course & institution tools. Once you click the Gradescope link, you will be taken to the Gradescope Course Dashboard either in a new tab or right in Blackboard. On the Gradescope Course Dashboard, select your assignment. If your instructor has published grades to Gradescope, you will be able to see your submission, points breakdown, and any comments your instructor gave you.
If you don't see Gradescope under Tools in Blackboard Original, or if you don't see it under View course & institution tools or Course Content in Blackboard Ultra, your instructor may not have linked Gradescope to your course correctly or at all. If that's the case, you can go to gradescope.com, go to gradescope.com/reset_password if you're not sure what your Gradescope password is (or if you've never set one), and access your Gradescope course and assignments that way. If you find that your courses and assignments are split across multiple accounts, your Blackboard email may not be the same as the email of your Gradescope account. If that's the case, you can merge your accounts. If you need any help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.