Table of Contents
When you access Gradescope through Blackboard, you will not need separate Gradescope credentials, even if you are a new Gradescope user. If you already have a Gradescope account under the email address that's associated with your Blackboard account (e.g., your school email), when you access Gradescope in Blackboard you will be taken to your existing account. If you do end up with multiple accounts under multiple emails, you can merge accounts.
If you're using Blackboard Original, your Gradescope course link will be under Tools in your Blackboard course. If your school uses the latest version of the Blackboard-Gradescope integration, your instructor may also give you direct links to each Gradescope assignment on your Content page. If you're using Blackboard Ultra, your Gradescope course link will be under View course & institution tools or on your Course Content page in Blackboard. If your school uses the latest version of the Blackboard-Gradescope integration, your instructor may also give you direct links to each Gradescope assignment on your Course Content page. If you have any problems accessing your Gradesope account, courses, or assignments see the Troubleshooting section at the end of this page.
- Log in to Blackboard. Then click the appropriate course.
- In your Blackboard course, there are a couple of places you should check to get to your Gradescope assignment. First, check your Content (Blackboard Original) or Course Content (Blackboard Ultra) page for a direct link to your Gradescope assignment. If you're using Blackboard Ultra, you may have a Gradescope course link on your Blackboard Course Content page also. If you don't see an assignment or course link anywhere else, click Tools (Original) or View course & institution tools (Ultra), click Gradescope, wait for your Gradescope course to launch, and then select your assignment.
- Once your assignment opens in Gradescope, based on your instructor's settings, you could see instructions to upload PDFs or images, link code repositories, or start answering questions online. If you need help, check out the in-depth articles on scanning work and how you may be asked to submit your assignment. Keep in mind that if you encounter an error message trying to access your Gradescope assignment, the assignment may not be released to students yet.
- Once you've submitted the assignment, if your instructor has allowed it, you can view your submission. If you don't have that option, then you will be able to view your work when your instructor publishes grades.
Viewing grades and submissions
- Log in to Blackboard. Next, click Grades or My Grades in the left sidebar (terminology can differ by Blackboard version). Then click your course and Gradescope assignment. If your instructor has posted grades to Blackboard, you will see your overall assignment grade here.
- To view your submission and feedback, launch your assignment in Gradescope the same way you did when you were submitting your work. See Step 2 of the Submitting Assignments section above if you forgot how.
- Once your assignment is open in Gradescope, if your instructor has published grades, you will be able to see them along with your submission, points breakdown, and any comments your instructor gave you.
If you don't see a Gradescope course link under Tools (Original) or View course & institution tools or Course Content (Ultra), and if you do not have a direct assignment link on your Content (Original) or Course Content (Ultra) page in Blackboard, your instructor may not have linked Gradescope to your course correctly or at all. If that's the case, go to the Gradescope website, click the Log In button, and enter the email address you use to access Blackboard (e.g., your school email). Next, either enter your existing password for the Gradescope website or click Forgot your password? to reset it or create one for the first time. As long as you've entered the email address you use to access Blackboard, you will be taken to the same Gradescope account you would have accessed through Blackboard. If you find that your courses and assignments are split across multiple accounts, see the Help Center article on merging accounts. If you need any help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.