Our time limit extension feature allows you to give particular students more time to complete a timed assignment. Extensions can be given for a particular timed assignment or for all timed assignments in the course. Students who do not have time limit extensions will not be able to continue working on the assignment after the due date or late due date for the assignment passes, regardless of how much time remains on their timers. Though you cannot give a due date extension to an individual student per se (that functionality is coming soon!), giving a student a time limit extension pushes out an assignment due date, late due date, and time limit. Note that with time limit extensions, late due dates will be pushed out accordingly, but the amount of time between the new due date and new late due date will remain the same.
For example, let's say your assignment has a release date of 8:00 am, a due date of 9:00 am, a late due date of 10:00 am, and a time limit of 60 minutes (see image below). Let's say Student A does not have an extension and Student B has a 2x extension. Below is what the due dates and times would look like for these students. Please note that support for custom release dates and due dates for specific students is coming soon.
- After the 8:00 am release, they have a 9:00 due date, a 10:00 am late due date, and 60 mins to finish once they open the assignment.
- If Student A starts at 8:00 am, they will have until 9:00 am (60 mins) to finish the assignment and will not be marked as Late.
- If Student A starts at 8:30 am, they will have until 9:30 am (60 mins) to finish the assignment but will be marked Late if they're not done by 9:00.
- If Student A starts at 9:59 am, they will be marked as Late and will only have one minute to finish the assignment.
STUDENT B (2x extension)
- After the 8:00 am release, they have a 10:00 due date, an 11:00 am late due date, and 120 mins to finish once they open the assignment.
- If Student B starts at 8:00 am, they can work until 10:00 am (120 mins) and will not be marked as Late.
- If Student B starts at 8:30 am, they can work until 10:30 am (120 mins) but will be marked as Late if they're not done by 10:00.
- If Student B starts at 9:00 am, they can work until 11:00 am (120 mins) but will be marked as Late if they're not done by 10:00.
- If Student B starts at 9:30 am, they can work until 11:00 am (they'll only have 90 mins, not 120), and they will be marked as Late.