Table of Contents
Auto-matching submissions to names
For instructor-submitted assignments, as soon as submissions are created on the Manage Scans page, we will automatically attempt to match each submission to a student in your roster, using the Name and ID regions that you set up in the Edit Outline step. While we can attempt to match with only one region, using both Name and ID regions will achieve the best results. For the best results, students’ names and IDs should exactly match the names and IDs on your roster and should be handwritten (not typed).
If you ever don’t want students’ names to appear in the grading interface, you can also choose to skip submission matching until grading is complete and label the name and ID regions on the Edit Outline page at a later time.
In the upper left corner of the Manage Submissions page, you can see the total number of submissions and the number of students in your roster who don’t have assigned submissions.
You can click on the “Unassigned” tab in the upper right corner to view any submissions that could not be confidently matched. For these submissions, click on Enter Student Name, type in the name or ID of the student (or just a few letters with auto-complete), hit Tab (rather than Enter) to select the user, and repeat until there are no more unassigned submissions.
Note that adjusting the location of the name or ID regions on the Edit Outline page will re-run the automatic matching on all submissions. Any manually matched submissions will not be overwritten. If you’d ever like to turn off automatic roster matching and match all students manually, you can do so at the top of the Manage Submissions page.
Replacing and deleting submissions
If you would like to replace or delete a specific student’s submission, hover over their name on the Manage Submissions page and click Show Details. The options to delete or replace the submission will appear beneath the student's name. Replacing a PDF will not delete any grading progress on that submission. You can also upload a new scanned submission on the Manage Submissions page, by clicking Upload Submission in the bottom action bar.
Downloading a student's submission
If you'd like to download and export an individual student's submission, first open their submission by clicking on their name on the Manage Submissions page. Once their submission appears on your screen, click Download Original in the action bar along the bottom of your screen. You can also view the student’s submission history by clicking the Submission History button (bottom of your screen). If you'd like to download and export the submissions all your students made to an assignment, see the section on Exporting assignment submissions.
For variable-length student-uploaded assignments, you can re-select the pages that correspond to each question. Note that students can only reselect pages until grading begins on their submission, but instructors and TAs can reselect pages on a student’s submission at any time. If you need to reselect pages for a student's submission, open the submission by clicking on it on the Manage Submissions page. Then, click the Reselect Pages button in the bottom action bar.
Adding and deleting group members
If group submission is enabled, you can also add or delete group members from the Manage Submissions page. Group submissions will show multiple students' names listed next to a submission on the Manage Submissions page. Click the group of students to take you to their submitted work. Once the submission comes up, click the Group Members button at the bottom of your screen. This will pull up a dialog box that will allow you to add students to or remove them from the group submission.
Submitting work for students
- Open your assignment. Click your left side panel to expand it (if it isn’t already) and select Manage Submissions. This will take you to a list of submissions that have been made to this assignment so far.
- Click the Upload Submission button (or the New Submission button for Online Assignments) at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the next step based on the type of assignment you’re submitting:
- Homework, Exams, Bubble Sheets, and Programming Assignments: When the dialog box comes up, select your student’s name (optional for Programming Assignments). Then, choose their file or code repository and click the Submit or Upload button. If this is a variable-length PDF homework assignment or exam, select what page of the PDF the answer to each question appears on. Then, click Submit.
- Online Assignments: When the student view of the assignment appears, select your student’s name from the dropdown at the top of your screen. Then, enter their responses or upload their files to the appropriate questions, making sure to click Submit Answer after each. If your student had existing responses that you did not touch, those will be preserved.